Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Where do I fit?


I have always liked all kinds of music. Which as a songwriter leaves me with growing group of songs that are from all Genaro's and no idea what my core sound should be as a performer. I listen to everything and can appreciate all types of music. From rap to ska to speed metal to worship. I do find that most of the songs I write tend to be guitar songs. They seem to sound better stripped down with little reverb and that's about it. I try to create a larger sound but it seems to lose the over all feeling I had when I wrote it. So I have learned less is more some times. I not sure if I will ever preform live like on a stage. I have tried two time and a lot of beer was involved and neither time was I very proud of the out come. So for now I'm going to keep writing and hopefully find my sound. I fear I maybe middle aged Emo writer without a chance or hope of ever making it. But I can blame The Cure for that you have to love The Cure. I would love every one's input on the tunes I have posted on Myspace or the Video's on Youtube. Who do you think I am? Here another song and video I wrote,recorded, filmed and edited in on one day in December of 2008. I was pretty board and this song just came to me so I put on a couple of tracks down before I forgot it. This happens to me from time to time Will write a song and record and publish it and never remember how to play it when someone ask to hear it. I have to go back and learn it all over again. I think it has to do with I only get to play two or three days a month. video

No comments:

Post a Comment