Search This Blog

Monday, January 5, 2009

What Do I Use To Record.



What do I use to record is a question I get from time to time. This is the answer. I use Boss BR-8 Digital Recording Studio . I bought it used and for what it does it was area value at $150.00 dollars. I'm not sure how old it is but, It uses Zip drive disk to record on. So it's not state of the art by any means. I have to buy the disk used on Ebay because they are no longer sold new in the store. It does a good job recording and has on board effects for vocal and guitar. The only thing I do not like about it is it is hard to edit. So most of my recordings are one take with no edit's which can be a pain if you are not perfect so in turn none of my recordings are perfectly clean. If you do not know what multi-track recording is it's pretty simple. I record a track with a drum beat to keep time. I can rewind and record another track with the first and hear the first track playing along with me. I can do this up to eight times. I believe I will have to learn to record with a computer one day to get that recording of the number one song I'm planning to write. But for a while the old Boss will have to do. Here's a link to learn more about Boss Br-8 Digital Recording Studio.http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/en/BR-8/

No comments:

Post a Comment