Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Recording On Your Computer.


Recording on your computer is every body's dream right. I have been trying to do this for about eight years. I started with Cakewalk and building the super computer. More Ram more Ram more Ram. Well maybe its your sound card. OK. I'll save for three months and by the mother of all sound cards the one you can plug everything you have right in front of your computer. It could be you just don't have enough processor maybe you should over clock it a bit not to much but just enough. If this is you your not alone. I have bought just about every software I could afford and burned copies of the one's I could not afford and still the same result. It turns out I'm to stupid to operate the dam software. It's the most frustrating thing in the world when your willing to put out the cash and still you cant understand your own equipment. I have looked for schools in my area with no luck. I dream of having the ability of a fourteen old that's posting the sickest beats and remixes I have ever heard but I'm a dated soul so it's back to the digital workstation for now. I do plan on trying it again but it will be after I find a kind soul with a good set up that will be willing to let a guy sit in on a recording session or two. Have any of you had a similar experience? If you have a favorite software let me know.

1 comment:

  1. 00Dude. I feel your pain!! However, I have had more luck with a computer based recording than a digital workstation. Thanks to a decent Sound Blaster audio interface and some advice from a number of people, I can make good demo quality recordings with a little effort. Though we all are looking to find the "better mouse trap", I have found that learning to use what you already have can sometimes be better than getting the high dollar stuff and still not knowing how to use it. I am using windows xp. I am not a fan of vista due to compatability issues. The stuff you are doing on your workstation sounds just as good or better than some of the stuff I have done on my computer using Cubase. I could most likely improve the sound by investing in better mics, pre-amps and effects but like I said, knowing how to use what you have is half the battle.
    Tony-

    ReplyDelete